For Christmas Justin and I decided that we wanted to get a puppy, so our christmas gift to each other was our puppy Temperance Snowball Tolman.
I had asked my niece what name she liked for the dog, she came up with a few. Crystal, Snowball, Everest. We liked the names, but J dated a girl in high school named Crystal and so he didn't wanna name our puppy that. So I came up with the name Temperance (like the tv series Bones) and used Brooky's name Snowball for the middle name. Because I would have felt bad for not using a name she picked out. Yes it is our dog, but I don't want her hurt that I didn't use one of the names she suggested because I did ask her. We call her Tempe for short.
The Wednesday before Christmas Justin's brother Kris and his wife Ang and their boys Brayton, Mondelle, Weston, and Champbell came and stayed at our house. It was nice having them and Tempe loved having some kids to play with. Its a good change in our home since Cali doesn't like kids, she is getting used to them but still doesn't like them. On Christmas Eve we had a family get together in Cody (45 min - 1 hr) drive from our home, on our way out of Burlington (10 min away from our home) we were just hitting 45 mph and this deer ran right infront of us and there was no time to stop so we ran right into it. We weren't happy at all, you have to understand there is not good cell signal at all through Burlington and so we tried calling 911 and his mom but nothing would go through, it even said we would have 2 bars but it would just drop. So we drove up the hill and went to one of the people that J knew up there and asked to borrow their phone. We finally got ahold of the police and they told us to make sure we come in before 10 days are up to file a report, we were on our way again. We have no left blinker but our car still ran. We finally get to his uncles house and we had a great dinner!!
We say our goodbyes and go home and go and get Tempe so we can go to his parents house to open our Christmas eve gifts. We get to his parents house and Tommy and Sumer walk in the door a little after us and play with Tempe before the kids came in and made her hyper again. She won't eat, drink or even go to the bathroom when there are kids around. She gets so hyper and so happy. We open our gifts and SURPRISE they are pj's!! Thats the gift I look forward to every year lol.
Christmas morning comes and we all head over to their parents house. Watching the kids open up their gifts was priceless! Justin and I got a camera and I love it!! I use it a lot lol.
I did miss not being able to spend it with my family, but I knew we would be seeing them in a few weeks anyways so I was excited about that.

No comments:
Post a Comment